Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you see, click one of the links on the left to follow me, by Networked Blogs or Blogger Followers or even by e-mail!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Learning and Remembering the Kanji: Day 1

Okay, so I've been thinking about just HOW I'm going to document my progress, as it seems silly to just write out the kanji I learned along with their meanings and stories. Soooo, I've decided that I will write out the list of kanji that I learn in any given day along with their meanings.

And THEN, if I changed the story from what was in the book (it was day 4, and I've already had to do that a few times, to suit me), I'll write that. Or if I have trouble remembering the story, I'll write that. To help me remember. Also, kanji I feel like I forgot from the day/s before.

So, let's get started!
DAY 1

Day 1 was easy, as it involved mostly kanji that I already knew. I for some reason, though, have always had trouble remembering the kanji for the numbers (specifically 7 and 9), so hopefully that will help with that. I learned:

- one
- two
- three
- four
- five
- six
- seven, diced
- eight
- nine, baseball
- ten, needle
- mouth (in every sense of the word)
- day, sun, mouth with a wagging tongue
- month, moon, flesh
- rice field, brains
- eye
- old
For this one, he says to imagine a tombstone, but I find myself imagining a skill with a giant mouth wearing a headdress of needles
- I
- risk
- companion
- chant
- sparkle
- goods
- spine
- prosperous
- early, sunflower
- rising sun
I can't remember the story he came up with, but I just imagine someone hitting a home run with the ball flying/rising up into the sun
- generation
- stomach
- nightbreak
- gall bladder
Don't let the night break on your anger/gall
- span
- concave
- convex


And there we have day 1! Since there were quite a few I already knew easily,I learned more than I think I usually would! And I feel confident about remembering them! Yay! Tomorrow, I'll have to update for 2 days, so I can catch up with myself. In the meantime, to reward myself for the hard word I've done today, I'm going to eat some soy ice cream and watch an episode of イケメンですね。超ー可愛い!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment